Apr 10, 2013

Mrs. Lacy, Fourth Grade Teacher

Providence Christian School of Texas
I suppose this makes me an adult, as I will have a whole class of 4th graders calling me "Mrs. Lacy" come August 21st.

All of senior year, I knew I wanted to be a teacher, so when we got engaged, I started looking for jobs in Dallas. I simply found this school through a Google search, and immediately connected with everything I read on their website. I emailed the secretary and asked if there were open positions, figuring it wouldn't hurt to send an application. Sometimes I feel like God's grace is a snowball tumbling down a hill, and it just gets bigger and bigger, and the weight of His grace hits me as if I were standing on the hill, being overwhelmed by something much greater than me. That is how I felt as I finished two interviews and heard about the incredible atmosphere and philosophies of this school and the way that they love and nurture their students. It quickly became apparent that Providence was just where I wanted to be, and Travis and I and many family and friends prayed for God's provision.

Once again, the Lord proved Himself to be able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think (Ephesians 3), and I have accepted a job as a fourth grade teacher at this beautiful school. God is faithfully providing for Travis and I as we step forward, and we are overwhelmed by His goodness.

I am incredibly thrilled for the opportunity to teach young children to love God and to love His gift of knowledge. As a 4th grade teacher, I get to teach every subject and to immerse my students—and myself—in the study of many different pursuits.

Providence's motto is "Esse Quam Videri:" to be rather than to seem. As I enter this new stage of life, I want to remember this motto and to teach my students in word and deed to truly be Christians who are people of deep character, moral conviction, and most importantly, vessels of God's love and grace to this world.

2 comments:

Melodee Skiles said...

Congratulations! You'll find that being a teacher gets you used to your new name really fast. :)

Di said...

What a fantastic motto for a school! Blessings on you in this most exciting future, Shannon.

Diane Wheeler