- one specific, concrete thing in the world
- one specific, concrete thing in your life
- one specific event in the world
- one specific event in your life
- one specific person in the world
- one specific person in your life
- one attribute, aspect, or deed of God Himself
This daily practice has been infinitely helpful to me while I list seven things I am grateful for each day. As I write, I discover that there is so much in this world, and in my own life to be grateful for—things I would never think to thank God for if I wasn't writing them down. So far, I've discovered that I'm grateful for things like the building of the Eiffel Tower, God's provision of a living hope, a sister's piano playing, my Kansas trip, author Marilynne Robinson, Aunt Leslie, a stable in Bethlehem, my Nikon D300, the gift of truth, and a vacation to Acadia, among others.
What could be on your lists?