Jun 23, 2011

Milkshakes and Summer Evenings

Jamie is one of the highlights about coming home for the summer.
Something I just love about Crossway is the wealth of relationships that grow between people of different ages.
Jamie is a wife and a mother, but she will drive into the city to sit on the sidewalk at a little cafe with me.  And talk for hours.
She is wise, encouraging, and honest with me about her own struggles.  Even though we are at different places in our lives, I am blessed by her honesty and humility in sharing with me.
Jamie is a woman who seeks to trust God with her whole heart, leaning on His perfect power and mercy instead of her own understanding.
I am beyond grateful for her example and friendship.

(I stole this photo from her.)

1 comment:

sentz said...

i love my time with you. i truly love hearing all the work God is doing in your life at college, through books and friendships. i always leave my time with you refreshed and hopeful in God. that is worth a trip to the city anytime!