Nov 11, 2010

Where is your gratefulness, child?


Complaints: they are what I have heard out of my mouth all week.

"I have so much to do, I'm so tired, I'm hungry, I don't know how to squeeze all of this work into such little time, I just want to sleep."

Old Testament class slapped me in the face this morning.

You who are of purer eyes than to see evil,
and cannot look at wrong.
(Habakkuk 1:13)

God cannot bear evil in His presence. I am a sinful, evil, fallen human being. Yet, I know the fullness that comes in the presence of God and the forgiveness found in the cross of Jesus Christ.

God Almighty, the sovereign Lord who deserves ALL glory and honor, came to earth and was a stumbling block, despised and rejected. The glorious, merciful God was hated. Yet, He suffered and died, humbling Himself for my sake - for me, the unbelieving, proud, sinful creation. He who has all power and righteousness gave Himself for my sake.

All I have known is grace, and yet I complain? Let it not be so. May His praise always be on my mind and in my words. He has saved me from His wrath, and so I have full confidence that He will sustain me in every moment to the magnification of His precious name.

2 comments:

Addie said...

Oh Shannon, thank you so much for this post. Amen to all of it. You're such a blessing. :)

Julie said...

Shannon,
You are such a wonderful writer. Truly. What a blessing to be able to express truth in an easy, effortless, clear way.
Especially your last point got to me. "He has saved me from His wrath, and so I have full confidence that He will sustain me in every moment to the magnification of His precious name." Thank you, Shannon.
Much Love,
J.