Sep 6, 2010

Do you believe?

Being back at school has been challenging to my heart. I don't like being away from home when Mom is sick, calculus is a different language, and there is so much to be done and read and spoken. My heart quickly falls into unbelief. Many times throughout the day, I find God is asking: Do you believe I am who I say I am? Do you believe that Christ's atoning death has given you all that you need? Do you believe my promises, and that I will fulfill every single one of them?

This semester, I see many different and new responsibilities and opportunities ahead. Many will be difficult and it is easy for me to look at them, feel their weight, and wonder how I am going to accomplish everything while caring for others, and seeking to share Christ's love with this campus. At times, it is a road I do not want to walk, they are challenges I'd rather not have to work through. The other day, God was so gracious in reminding me that Christ walked the road to Calvary: a road that would culminate in hours of the worst suffering imaginable. A road of complete separation from His Father. Because Christ walked the road to the cross, I am given His mercy and love. I will never know a road like the one that He does. He is so kind.

Christ knows this road that He is asking me to travel, and He has given me all I need. My sins are forgiven, and I walk in the grace and love that He has poured out upon His children. He has ordained my days, and I walk forward in His strength. I pray often, "I believe; help my unbelief." (Mark 9:24)

His pardon for my sin
His bounty for my need
From slavery and shame
I am redeemed

No comments: