Jul 27, 2008

A Day in Baltimore

Ft. McHenry


Lexington Market







The Inner Harbor


Camden Yards



This is just for posterity's sake. I think we look so American in this photo.
And that's one of Andrew's friends from school, Ben. He came along with us.


I know I have a photo kind of like this from a few years ago, but the sun was so gorgeous.


These, my friends, are rally caps.

Mom: "What are the boys doing?"
Me: "Putting on their rally caps. It's what you do at ball games."
Mom, a few minutes later: "Well, I don't see anyone else doing it!"

Despite the rally caps and some Orioles home runs, Baltimore lost. Even though the O's lost, it was still a lovely day and fantastic night.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous photo's, Shan! Seeing the stadium makes me ache to see a game!

Scott Howard said...

Inner harbor! USS Constellation! Camden Yards! It looks like you missed the aquarium, though. Anyway, it's such a cool city.

Anonymous said...

It must have been a great day. And yes, you do look quite American. I want to go to an outdoor game so bad because the dome is so dreary.

Anonymous said...

Great pics, Shannon! I'm so glad you have a photo blog now

Moriah Freeman said...

hey thanks for commenting.....great pics....and i loved the comversation between you and your mom!!!

moriah

Katie Beth said...

I'm still upset that you were so close (well, sort of) and you didn't come see me. Hmph. Good pictures though. :-)

Krista said...

Oh what great fun! Love the story about the rally caps...that really made me laugh..."what guns, I didn't seen any guns!" :)

Andrew Odell said...

sheesh, KB, still bitter? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was alot of fun. I look really wierd in that picture of all of us. I think it was because the frozen lemonade was so sour and cold, and I didn't know what to expect!! Sweet pictures.
Margaret

Anonymous said...

You make baseball look even more beautiful than it usually does. I wonder if you could make the Metrodome look as attractive...

Adalie Plain said...

Amazing pictures. What lens did you use?